Controlled Environment Agriculture
CEA has exploded with demand for high grade sustainably grown produce year-round, and Coriphol meets those demands with increased yields, quality and profits for greenhouse growers.
Hydroponic Lettuce Trials Time Lapse Video | Serge Boon
Serge Boon Consulting
CEA Trials at Brush Creek Ranch
Trials with Coriphol were conducted at The Farm at Brush Creek Ranch, a 5-star 30,000 acre resort ranch near Saratoga, Wyoming. They grow all the vegetables and herbs consumed by their guests and sold at their markets—in state-of-the-art greenhouse facilities without use of chemicals or synthetic fertilizers. That’s over 100,000 pounds grown organically and sustainably. Coriphol was integrated into their production methods to test if they could exceed their standards of excellence on all marks, raising their high bar on flavor, yield and marketability.
The Numbers Speak for Themselves
Hydroponic Lettuce Trials
Over 50% Yield Increase
- Coriphol was injected into our hydroponic system at a rate of 1:1000 Coriphol along with our nutrient solution.
- The growth progress was monitored continuously and plant quality and over yield data were taken. After achieving full size, 16 heads were harvested from each treatment and weighed.
- Variety: Organic Red Salad Bowl from Johnny seeds. Seeded 09/09/2020 and transplanted in Hydro Pipes 09/28/2020, heads were weighed on 11/22/2020.
Hydroponic Lettuce Trials, Coriphol on Left | Serge Boon
Container Soil Trials with 5 Carrot Varieties
70% Yield Increase with 9.9% Higher Sugar
- "Five varieties of carrot, Cosmic Purple, Dragon Red, Napoli, Paris Market and Yellowstone were seeded at 24 seeds each, into raised beds. Each treatment was replicated in 3 beds.
- The soil composition was 74% peat moss, 22% bark, 2.34% perlite, 1.62% vermiculite, 0.01% starter fertilizer, 0.14% lime and 0.10% silica.
- Coriphol was injected into each bed by a Dosatron set to 1:100 dilution of a pre-diluted solution of 10 ml. Coriphol per liter of water for a delivered concentration of 0.1% (v/v) Coriphol in water.
- Both carrot yield and sugar content increased significantly. Carrot yield increased 70% averaged across all varieties compared to the control group. Napoli tissue samples were analyzed for sugar content by an independent lab. Total sugar content increased 10% with a significant shift toward sucrose production."
“A few weeks after we implemented a weekly Coriphol spraying regimen, our strawberry plant leaves turned darker green and especially more shiny. The berries became more red especially on the inside, and feedback from our chefs was that they were sweeter than before we began using Coriphol.”
— Serge Boon, The Farm at Brush Creek Ranch
"Coriphol treatments astounded us! The average weight per head for the Control was 0.23 lbs. vs 0.36 lbs for Coriphol. That’s a 56% increase over the control!”